Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Baby Sophisticate


Sometimes this blog will be a place where I tell stories.  Sometimes I will try to teach you something to do at your home.  Sometimes, like today, I just want to share someone else's great idea. 

Our cousins started having babies this year.  For me, this means it's a great time to practice.  No, not on my mommy skills, but on smaller projects, baby-sized projects.  I made the above sweater a couple months ago for one of our cousin's new baby for Christmas. 

I've wanted to try knitting a sweater in one piece for a little while now, but wasn't ready to take on such a project on a me-sized scale.  The newest baby on my husband's side benefited from my learning on the Baby Sophisticate Pattern

I used Classic Elite's Sprout Yarn - which is soft, eco-friendly cotton and also machine washable - for this top down project.  After completing this short, but satisfying project, I think this may be my new favorite way to knit a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment